DRY BULK TRANSPORTATION
Flexible containers (FIBCs), which are also called big bags, as well as liners, have been developed for the transport and/or storage of various types of materials, which are in the form of powders or granules.
Products in the form of powders and granules vary from fine powder to fruit and vegetables. As a result of the very large variety of these products, each one of them requires its dedicated packaging, specifically designed for its storage and transportation needs. At this point, the experience we have gained is used to identify and design the packaging and the most appropriate way of shipping and route.
The packaging that we offer, be it big-bags, polyethylene and polypropylene liners, or even kraft paper, are used for years by multinational food, pharmaceutical and chemical companies. Individualized design and tailor made production is the key to the success of these products.
FLEXIBLE INTERMEDIATE BULK CONTAINERS (FIBC)
Flexible containers (FIBC), or big bags, represents the most effective solution for the temporary storage and transport of powders and granular products in bulk. These containers are also used for the storage and transport of dangerous goods.
A very important issue of flexible containers is to control the static electricity, which is an imbalance of electric charges within or on the surface of a material. When big bags are rapidly filled and discharged, the flowing movement of finely powdered substances can cause a buildup of static electricity. Removing or preventing an electrical charge is critical in the packaging of flammable or combustible materials or in an environment where combustible dust may be present.
Therefore we are using four types of flexible containers big bags, depending on the material that is loaded in FIBC:
- Type A: big bags made from non-conductive woven polypropylene, for non-dangerous goods packaging
- Type B: big bags made from woven polypropylene and fabrics that have a low breakdown voltage
- Type C: big bags made of electrically conductive woven polypropylene and fabric, designed to control electrostatic charges by grounding
- Type D: big bags made of static electric charge dissipative fabric, which dissipates static charge without the requirement of any grounding
Container Liners are made from PP woven fabric or PE film.
Since all the materials used for liner’s manufacturing that come into contact with the product are food grade, the liners are compatible with the transportation of food.
The liners are as well used for the transportation of chemicals in the form of powders or granules.
The most commonly used versions are for 20 ‘containers, but they are also available for 40’ containers. Filling and discharging systems are designed to suit the specific needs of our customers.
The design of filling and unloading spout is performed according to the technical loading and unloading possibilities and may be different from one customer to another. Thus, the information provided by our clients for the design of the appropriate equipment is of great importance in order to develop the solutions most suited for their existing loading / unloading equipment. Therefore, the participation of the clients in the liners designing process is essential.
FEATURES OF BIG BAGS ( FIBC ) AND CONTAINER LINERS
- Designed according to customer needs, based on the specific requirements
- Superior quality
- Safe and hygienic transportation, free of contamination.
- Prevents the penetration of dust into the cargo area
- Transportation of bulk food in maximum hygiene conditions
- Easy to install and fill
- Saving labor costs, materials, as well as reducing transport costs and cleaning transport equipment
- Environmentally friendly